- Generally 3-4 sets per body part are shown to be best for the general population.
- Doing one set will show results, but your body can tell you how many sets to do. If you can not reach your rep range on your 3rd set with a clean and controlled movement, then you are done.
- Try sticking with 2-4 sets per body part, unless you are a body builder.
- Too many sets can be a waste of time achieving no more muscle breakdown, or actually inhibit results during rest. More is not better.
- You HAVE TO progress to continue to make gains.
- That means more weight for the same reps, or more reps with the same weight. If you don't progress your volume of work, you will not progress your results, you will simply be in a maintenance phase.
NOW GO MAKE YOUR OWN PROGRAM!!! Or Email me and I will send you the three month home workout I created and use to build muscle and burn fat. And I know it works, because it has helped me shave inches off my waist and put inches on my biceps.