- San Diego, Ca
- I am just a regular guy who is learning the importance of happiness through diet and exercise. I am in school for sociology and psychology, I do not have a formal degree in nutrition or fitness. I do all research on my own time through books, internet, friends, documentaries, and school. I believe in basics, and I want to clear through the smoke surrounding a lot of nutrition and fitness claims pushed to the public, and find the one's they try to hide.I also like to discuss other topics related to happiness.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Wake-Up / Pre-Workout:
- Green Tea Extract – Caffeine to stimulate and sharpen, plus tea’s health benefits.
- Fat Burner –Stimulate and thermo-effects (optional, not all safe) or 6oz. coffee
- Multi-vitamin – Try not to get more than 100% anything, especially A, D, E, or K
which are fat-soluble vitamins and can build up over time.
- Beta-Alanine – 4g total, 2g before workout to fight lactic acid and allow greater
strength. Boosts muscular anaerobic endurance and aerobic endurance.
- 5g Creatine – Energy, water retention.
- 16 oz. water
-60-90 minutes before workout: Oatmeal and banana w/ eggs whites (no fats before
workout, will sit in stomach)
18-20g Whey protein within 30 minutes of starting workout (Optimal amount)
- 7-10oz. water every 15-20mins.
- If working over an hour drink some electrolytes
- If working over 90 minutes drink carbs and electrolytes (Gatorade, Accelerade)
- Whey proteins blend with: 10-12g whey & 10g weight gainer (Or just 20g protein,
which is optimal amount for recovery. Over 20g can hinder muscle growth)
- Ground Flaxseed – Fiber and digestion (Optional)
- Spirulina – All amino acids for protein synthesis (Optional)
- BCAA – For protein synthesis
- Creatine Monohydrate – Recovery (May be in your whey already)
- Chia seed– Cleanse and fiber (Optional)
- Beta-Alanine – 2g (Should break up 4g daily dose into two servings)
- 70-90g of carbs and 20g protein in a meal – Ideal for protein synthesis
– 4:1 ratio carbs:protein is optimal. Consume .5-.8g protein/lb. body weight
total in a day, depending on level of activity. .9g/lb BW upper limit)
- Replace weight lost in water (So if sweat 1.5lbs. drink 24oz. water)
- ZMA – Deeper sleep and testosterone booster for recovery.
- Glutamine – 5g can boost growth hormone levels.
- Casein Protein – about 12g to provide steady flow of protein for muscle recovery
and prevent breakdown of muscles while fasting during sleep. (Cottage Cheese is